Written by Todd M. Zimmermann
Illustrated by Teddy Lu
Oliver the Ornament is a seven-book series about one family’s cherished Christmas ornaments. The first story centers on Oliver, who has been with this family since Mom and Dad's very first date. Years later, Oliver, now injured and bullied, still has the magic and kindness of Christmas in his heart. The story follows Oliver's excitement for Christmas, his heartbreak, and his determination to overcome all odds to save the day. Oliver, along with his friends, will warm your heart with his kindness, humility, and love for his family and friends. We hope the story will bring families together to tell the stories of their own ornaments and the special meaning that so many of them possess. Because after all…
Every Ornament Tells a Story™
Everyone has very special stories of their own ornaments. Maybe it’s one you received for a wedding gift, maybe from a trip to a special location, or maybe a collection of ornaments from your Grandmother. Maybe it's the collection you're currently building for your son or daughter. Whatever the case, we believe this story resonates with children and adults, because of the connection we have with our special ornaments.
In creating Oliver the Ornament, we partnered with illustrator, Teddy Lu, who has brought the magic of the story to life in an incredibly dramatic fashion.
Each of the seven books has three common themes:
- Each tells the story of how the different ornaments entered the family’s collection
- Each teaches children the important message of kindness, especially in the face of bullying
- Each ends with a compelling cliff-hanger, sure to excite the children for what’s to come
Our Gift Set includes a beautifully illustrated book along with a 3-inch adorable hand-painted ornament of Oliver himself. All packaged in a beautiful Gift Box. Beyond the book, countless merchandising opportunities will bring Oliver and his friends to life in a multitude of ways, products including ornaments, puzzles and snow globes will bring the story to life for families everywhere.
What makes Oliver the Ornament so special?
- The Plan: Oliver the Ornament is the first ever children’s Christmas series, making for a lasting tradition for children and their families.
- The Children: Children are at heart of Oliver the Ornament. Because Oliver himself struggles to overcome all odds to save the day, we believe his message especially resonates with children facing a difficult time. That's why we've partnered with various children's hospitals in America where we’ve donated over 2,000 copies of our book. Additionally, a portion of proceeds from the sale of each book will be donated to various children’s charities. Oliver the Ornament is committed to making a difference in children’s lives throughout the world.
- The Story: The story of Oliver the Ornament is a universally identifiable tale that will appeal to people of all ages. It’s a story of kindness, tradition, love, friendship, forgiveness, and joy. It’s a story of Christmas.
AT OLIVER THE ORNAMENT, WE BELIEVE THAT..
Families are just about the best thing on earth
Magic can make dreams come true
Imagination exists inside every heart
You can accomplish anything when you’re determined
Forgiveness can brighten your life
Technology is great, but people are greater
Moms and Dads can fix just about anything
Memories are created from some of the most unexpected moments
Friends look out for friends
Redemption is possible for just about everyone, and that…
Every Ornament Tells A Story™
Oliver the Ornament is the first in a series of seven books. Each telling how the various ornaments entered the family's collection, each teaching children the important message of kindness, and each ending with a wonderful cliff-hanger, sure to excite the children for what's to come. Gift set comes with beautifully illustrated book, and hand-painted ornament of Oliver.
Oliver the Ornament has been named by People Magazine as one of their Best New Books, it has been featured on Fox & Friends as one of the Hottest New Toys, and was selected to be read by the First Lady at Children's National Hospital in a 70-year tradition for the past three years.